Trust is important to us at FUTURE VISION MARKETING (hereinafter referred to as "CRESTRON EMEA", "we" or "us") and therefore your privacy is very important.
This privacy declaration (hereinafter referred to as "Privacy Declaration") is applicable, inter alia, (i) to the visitors of our website https://www.crestron.eu/ (hereinafter referred to as the "Website"), (ii) the administrator user of the portal, (iii) to the visitors of the building and (iv) to all (commercial) relations between Crestron EMEA and its customers/dealers, prospects/leads and business partners.
This Privacy Declaration includes information about the personal data collected by Crestron EMEA, as well as the manner in which Crestron EMEA uses and processes this personal data.
Crestron EMEA wishes to emphasize that it always attempts to act in accordance with (i) the Belgian Privacy Law of 8 December 1992 on privacy protection in relation to the processing of personal data and/or (ii) the EU Regulation of 2016 concerning the protection of individuals with regards to the processing of personal data, regarding the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (‘GDPR’) and (iii) all (future) Belgian laws regarding the implementation of this Regulation.
Purchasing products/goods of Crestron EMEA, subscribing to the newsletter, requesting an administrator account, subscribing to a training/webinar/event and any communication with Crestron EMEA implies your explicit approval (through disclosure of your personal information or opt-in) of the Privacy Declaration and consequently how we collect, use and process your personal data.
An administrator account in the portal is created for all customers of Crestron EMEA. If an administrator account is provided to the customer, the customer acknowledges and agrees (i) he is responsible, as controller, for all personal data of contact persons he adds in the portal and (ii) Crestron EMEA shall process the personal data of the contact person, as processor, in accordance with this Privacy Declaration.
Please note Crestron EMEA offers devices and services to its customers, which include software developed by Crestron US (Inc.). When you use such devices or services offered by Crestron EMEA, you consent to Crestron EMEA transferring your personal data to Crestron US (Inc.) as part of the pre-contractual measures. From that moment on, the privacy declaration of Crestron US (Inc.) is applicable to all subsequent data collection of end-user data by Crestron products and services, as described in the Crestron Privacy Statement Regarding Internet Data Collection, available at https://www.crestron.com/legal/crestron-privacy-statement-regarding-internet-data-collection
Crestron EMEA can collect and process the following personal data:
- ✓ Name
- ✓ Surname
- ✓ Gender
- ✓ Company
- ✓ Language
- ✓ Department
- ✓ Job description and title
- ✓ Signature
- ✓ Contact preference
- ✓ IP-address
- ✓ E-mail address
- ✓ Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone)
- ✓ Customer number
- ✓ Purpose of visit
- ✓ Contact person within Crestron EMEA
- ✓ Images/photos
- ✓ IP-Country
- ✓ T-shirt size
- ✓ Social media data
- ✓ Camera footage
- ✓ All personal data provided in the ‘your message’ field when completing a contact form
- ✓ All personal data freely provided to Crestron EMEA (e.g. in light of correspondence).
Crestron EMEA can collect and process the following sensitive personal data:
Crestron EMEA refuses to accept and you agree not to provide Crestron EMEA with any other sensitive personal data (as defined in the GDPR).
Crestron EMEA also automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of the Website. As such, Crestron EMEA shall (for example) automatically log which sections of the Website you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you obtained access to the Website, etc. We cannot identify you through this data, but it allows Crestron EMEA to draw up statistics regarding the use of the Website.
- Methods of personal data collection:
The personal data is collected in the context of:
- ✓ Product ordering and registration;
- ✓ Requests for information, support, service or assistance
- ✓ Registration for training, events or other materials
- ✓ Completion of Website (contact) forms or surveys
- ✓ Visiting/browsing the Website
- ✓ Collaboration with Crestron EMEA in general
- ✓ Incoming and outgoing correspondence with Crestron EMEA
- ✓ Visiting the office/building of Crestron EMEA
- ✓ Requesting the creation of a dealer account
- ✓ Requesting an offer
- ✓ Subscription to the newsletter
- ✓ Registration to a Crestron EMEA event or collecting personal data on third party events
- ✓ Filming/making photos at an event
- ✓ Exchanging business cards
- ✓ Verification of your identity (e.g. when a data subject contacts customer service)
The sensitive personal data is collected in the context of:
- Registration to a Crestron EMEA event
All personal data, collected by Crestron EMEA, are thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Providing certain personal data is (sometimes) a requirement to be able to enjoy certain services (e.g. to gain access to certain parts of the Website, to subscribe to newsletters, to participate in certain activities and events). In this respect, it shall be indicated which data must be provided mandatory and which data is optional.
Crestron EMEA can use your personal data for the following purposes:
- ✓ Performance of the agreement with Crestron EMEA (incl. follow-up thereof)
- ✓ Follow-up of client opportunities and leads
- ✓ Organising an event (incl. sending out invitations)
- ✓ Responding to questions (whether or not received through the contact form)
- ✓ Optimising the quality, management and content of the Website
- ✓ Sending newsletters
- ✓ Creating statistics
- ✓ Drawing up a quote
- ✓ Follow-up after a meeting
- ✓ Creation of an account (free or paying) and the confirmation thereof
- ✓ Providing support/assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- ✓ Send targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences and – where applicable – upon explicit consent
- ✓ Conducting customer satisfaction studies, surveys and other market research
- ✓ Registration of visitors of the office/building of Crestron EMEA
- ✓ Confirmation of the subscription of a webinar/training/event/etc.
- ✓ Issuing invoices and the collection thereof
- ✓ Offering trainings to the customer
- ✓ Offering demo materials for events
- ✓ Making a promotional movie with camera footage/photos of an event
Crestron EMEA can use the sensitive personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing meals meeting the provided dietary restrictions on events
Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- ✓ You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
- ✓ Processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement with Crestron EMEA or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement
- ✓ Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Crestron EMEA is subject
- ✓ Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person
- ✓ Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Crestron EMEA shall not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless it is necessary in the context of performing the agreement and optimisation thereof (including but not limited to database management, invoice and payment processing for Crestron EMEA). In this respect, your personal data may be disclosed to payment providers, software providers, cloud partner, transport partners, financial institutes, insurance companies, service providers and Crestron US (Inc.).
If it is necessary that Crestron EMEA discloses your personal data to third parties, the third party concerned is required to use your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Declaration.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is however possible that Crestron EMEA discloses your personal data:
- ✓ To the competent authorities (i) if Crestron EMEA is obliged to do so under the law or under legal or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend our rights
- ✓ If Crestron EMEA, or the majority of its assets, are taken over by a third party, in which case your personal data – which Crestron EMEA has collected – shall be one of the transferred assets
In all other cases, Crestron EMEA will not sell, hire out or pass on your personal data to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained your permission to this end and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of your personal data.
- Cross-border processing of personal data
Any transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under the adequacy decision enacted by the European Commission, shall be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses, as referred to in the 'European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)', or (ii) any other mechanism pursuant to privacy legislation, or any other regulations pertaining to the processing of personal data.
In particular, Crestron EMEA collaborates closely with Crestron US (Inc.) to carry out its activities. To do so, it is necessary that Crestron EMEA transfers your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The transfer from Crestron EMEA to Crestron US (Inc.) is (i) based on a legitimate interest of enterprises engaged in a joint economic activity and (ii) covered by an adequate joint-controller agreement, based on the standard contractual clauses set out by the European Commission.
More information regarding the transfer of personal data to Crestron US (Inc.) will be provided by Crestron EMEA free of charge, upon explicit reasonable request.
Unless a longer storage period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) through compliance with another legal obligation, Crestron EMEA shall only store your personal data for the period necessary to achieve and fulfil the purpose in question, as specified in the Privacy Declaration under 'Use of personal data'.
In light of the processing of your personal data, you enjoy the following privacy rights:
- ✓ Right of access to your personal data
- ✓ Right to rectification, completion or update of your personal data
- ✓ Right to delete your personal data ('right to be forgotten'). (Crestron EMEA wishes to point out that in this context certain services will no longer be accessible and/or can no longer be provided if you delete resp. request deletion of certain required personal data)
- ✓ Right to limit the processing of your personal data
- ✓ Right to transferability of your personal data
- ✓ Right to object to/oppose the processing of your personal data
If you wish to invoke your privacy rights please contact email@example.com or complete the form for exercising your privacy rights and deliver it to Crestron EMEA by email or post:
In principle, you can exercise these rights free of charge via the above-mentioned form. In addition, you can always, via your personal account, update, modify and/or verify your personal data, which you were required to submit when creating your account.
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters or information about the goods and services of Crestron EMEA, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" button underneath each of the Crestron EMEA emails.
- Security of personal data
Crestron EMEA undertakes to take reasonable, physical, technological and organisational precautions in order to avoid (i) unauthorised access to your personal information, and (ii) loss, abuse or alteration of your personal data.
Notwithstanding Crestron EMEA’s security policy, the checks it carries out and the actions it proposes in this context, an infallible level of security can never be guaranteed. Since no method of transmission of information over the internet, or any method of electronic storage is 100% secure, Crestron EMEA is, in this context, not in a position to guarantee absolute security.
- Update Privacy Declaration
Crestron EMEA is entitled to update this Privacy Declaration by posting a new version on the Website. As such, it is strongly recommended to regularly consult the Website and the page displaying the Privacy Declaration, to make sure that you are aware of any changes.
The Website may potentially contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet source that could collect information about you through cookies or other technologies. Crestron EMEA does not bear any responsibility, liability or control authority over these other websites or internet resources, nor about their collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. You must check the privacy Declarations of these other websites and internet sources in order to be able to judge whether they act in accordance with the Privacy Legislation.
If you have questions and/or remarks about this Privacy Declaration or the manner in which Crestron EMEA collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- ✓ Via post: Oude Keerbergsebaan 2, Rijmenam 2820 (Belgium)
In case you are not satisfied with the way Crestron EMEA handled your questions and/or remarks or have any complaints about the way Crestron EMEA collects, uses and and/or processes your personal data, note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Privacy Commission.